Beetle Pattern

Monday, March 9, 2020

 


Designs by Tiffany Duffy Watercolor Beetle Love Bugs

I've completed my beetles!


 I ended up doing nine of them and turning them into this pattern which I then went crazy with and put it on everything I could possibly think of over in my shop. This goes against my focus, which is mostly invitations, paper supplies, and business cards, but I was so happy with how they turned out that I just couldn't help but throw them onto some pencil cases and bags as well!

Love Bugs Watercolor Beetles Pattern SketchbookI may even have to order something for myself - something I never do! That's how much I like them. I'm thinking about this journal  or maybe a bigger notebook because I'm a born list-maker and always in need of a notebook. 

I'll probably end up getting this post-it pad though. Whenever I have to write notes to my sons' teachers I have to scramble to find a paper that's not already scribbled on by my kids. Every time, I wish I had a dedicated notepad and this one will save me the trouble of having to write out my email or phone number on each note, so that's a bonus!
Pretty Pink Lovebug Beetle Contact Info Post-it Notes
Pretty Pink Lovebug Beetle Contact Info Post-it Notes

I just love how it all turned out, particularly how they all ended up being really feminine looking.  I intended on putting hearts on them and calling them "lovebugs" for Valentine's Day (something my six-year-old son rolled his eyes at me for), but the colors and delicateness (is that a real word?) of all of them together are way more girly than I'd planned. And I'm more than okay with that.

I may need to start a mission now to create a design that my sons would actually like though. I'm thinking soccer balls, as it's literally all they care about and while picking up seven, yes seven, brightly colored soccer balls this morning from the entryway, I thought to myself how pretty all the ball colors were together in the bin.  Inspiration really can strike anywhere, apparently.

In the meantime, enjoy my beetlemania (do you see what i did there?) with a few more products of the little buggers.

Instagram